Read these articles and answer the questions below. Submit your answers in a comment here to be published on Monday, 1st June.
1. How are Ada Colau, Manuela Carmena, Pablo Iglesias and Podemos refered to in the articles? Find at least 7 different adjectives and expressions to describe them. Quote the sentences.
2. Why does Antonio Barroso say that “the coming months could see the emergence of political stalemate in many places across the country”?
3. What is the meaning of “stalemate”? Use the word in a sentence.
4. What are the reasons for the heavy losses the PP has suffered?
5. Why does Pablo Iglesias say that May 24 election results imply the end of traditional politics in Spain?
6,7,8. Find out the meaning of “heartland”, “bubble burst” and “stronghold” in the BBC article. Write your own sentences using these words and expressions.
9. According to Mariano Rajoy, what does his party need to change?
10. Who (what party) does Rajoy think should govern in each region?