Since I usually ask you to illustrate your content and I am concerned about copyright, have a look here at how to search for google images labeled for reuse.
Here you have a list of sites where you can get royalty-free photos:
I’m adding them to the right-hand bar so that you can always access them…
Simon Smith is an artist who recaptured the shots of London taken by Claude Friese-Greene in 1927.
1. Write down as many places and things that London is famous for.
2. If you’ve been to London, what did you like about it? If you haven’t been to London, what would you like to do there?
3. Write down five adjectives to describe London.
4. How do you think London has changed from 1927 to the present day? Use comparative forms.
5. You are going to watch a short film in which they see footage from London in 1927
and 2013. As you watch they should notice how London has stayed the same or has changed.
London in 1927 & 2013 from Simon Smith on Vimeo.
Optional Activity #10
A. How has your home town changed from 1927 to the present day?
B. What has changed for the better?
C. What has changed for the worse?
D. What would you change about your home town to make it a better place to live in?
E. Try and find old video footage of your home town on YouTube. Share the link.
Find out about Simon Smith.
F. What is he currently working on?
G. Summarize what’s going on in Simon and Hanna Wedding Timelapse.
Submit your answers in a comment here to be published on June, 3.
Read these articles and answer the questions below. Submit your answers in a comment here to be published on Monday, 1st June.
The New York Times
1. How are Ada Colau, Manuela Carmena, Pablo Iglesias and Podemos refered to in the articles? Find at least 7 different adjectives and expressions to describe them. Quote the sentences.
2. Why does Antonio Barroso say that “the coming months could see the emergence of political stalemate in many places across the country”?
3. What is the meaning of “stalemate”? Use the word in a sentence.
4. What are the reasons for the heavy losses the PP has suffered?
5. Why does Pablo Iglesias say that May 24 election results imply the end of traditional politics in Spain?
6,7,8. Find out the meaning of “heartland”, “bubble burst” and “stronghold” in the BBC article. Write your own sentences using these words and expressions.
9. According to Mariano Rajoy, what does his party need to change?
10. Who (what party) does Rajoy think should govern in each region?